Intex Oval Frame Pool
- Easy Assembly - Ready in half an hour
- Durability of the metal frame and easiness of the easy set
- Good Value - Many Essentials included
- Good Warranty - Like all Intex Pools
- High Capacity - Can fit a large amount of people
- No Vacuum or skimmer included
- Stock filter may not be enough
- Ground must be completely flat
- Ground also must be free of puncture hazards
- The liner may leak due to uneven ground
Intex Oval Frame Pool
The Intex Oval Frame Pool, being one of the only oval above ground pools in the market, is very unique. For the most part, oval or rectangular above ground pools that allow for pool games like volleyball are over 1,000 dollars, but the 10ft x 18ft Intex Oval Frame Pool is much more affordable. The pool also has a hybrid frame supported inflatable construction – allowing the pool to have steel frames and an soft inflatable ring. In line with most other inflatable pools, the Intex Oval Frame Pool is quick and easy to assemble.
|Category||Oval Frame Above-ground Pool|
|2 Avaliable Sizes||10ft by 18ft by 36in / 12ft by 20ft by 42in|
|Water Capacity (80%)||2,885 gal / 4,393 gal|
|Pump||Krystal clear cartridge filter pump (110 - 120v) -- 1000 gph / 1,500 gph|
- 18ft by 10ft by 42in
- 20ft by 12ft by 48in
Assembly and Upkeep
The Intex Oval Frame Pool is easy and can be done in under half an hour. Assembly consists of leveling the ground and clearing it of objects, placing the pool, attaching the frame, and filling it. Before any assembly can be done, the platform that the pool rests on must be completely flat and free of debris.
The instructions also come with a CD.
The pool is easy to maintain. You will need to occasionally change out the pump filters, clear the pool of debris, check the structure of the frame, and inspect the sidewalls for punctures. In the fall and winter, take down the pool and store it.
The Intex Easy Set pool has received good reviews from customers on Amazon.
The positive reviews have generally been about the easy setup and reliability of the pool. Overall the larger 20ft x 12ft pool has received slightly better reviews than standard 10ft x 18ft pool model. Negative feedback has been mostly about the inadequacy of the pump or the filterSee Amazon Reviews [10ft x 18ft] See Amazon Reviews [12ft x 20ft]
- Inflatable top ring
- Rust-resistant powdered steel support beams
- Quick 30 minute assembly
- Comes with Krystal Clear Filter Pump
- Safety feature: ground circuit interrupter shuts down pump if current comes in contact with water
- Includes many accessories, like pool covers, filters, and a ladder
- Convenient drain plug that can be connected to standard garden hoses
- Sidewalls constructed of ultra-strong laminated PVC material
- Pool has improved dual suction outlet fittings, allowing for better water flow
- Like most above ground pools, the ground must be completely flat before installation.
- Pump and filter are very average
- The liner may also leak and break if the pool cloth is not placed right, to avoid this make sure there are no sharp objects that may break the pool liner
The Intex Oval Frame pool is one of the most unique pools we’ve reviewed. It follows a design that few other pools have. It’s a great affordable alternative to more expensive premium rectangular framed pools, featuring a oval shape and a powdered steel frame.Check Price on Amazon [10ft x 18ft] Check Price on Amazon [12ft x 20ft]